- The FCP carbon fiber orthosis is a K.A.F.O designed to compensate for knee disorders of neurological, muscular, ligamentous or bony origin, associated or not with hip or hankle deficiencies.
- It is composed of carbon fiber uprights and bands but also of free knee or locking knee joints. It can be completed by a thermoformed AFO, ankle joints and spurs or stirrups.
- Custom-built using a cast or an outline, by thermoforming carbon components using 5G40-A forming table.
- Secures standing and walking phases with or without technical assistance devices (walking stick or walker).
- Lightweight and resistant thanks to carbon fiber properties.
- Its elsaticity preserves physiological joints and improves walking comfort by absorbing the shocks.
- Modular : modifications are possible in case of weight gain or loss.
| FCP orthosis example|| |
| || |
|Patients who need a K.A.F.O : |
|knee disorders associated -or not- with ankle deficiencies, flaccid paralyses, muscular, ligamentous or bony deficiencies. |
- Recurvatum superior to 6°
- Valgum / varum superior to 6°
- Patient's weight superior to 90 kg (200 lb).